Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Speaking of Rocks: A Riversuite

This is a song I wrote for my partner
which I sang to her on our wedding day.
Found you at the creek side, a place we know as Paradise
Searching for that rare stone, at the water's edge
One that's worn and rounded, by current it is placed there
A treasure for your pocket, a gift you carry home.
I'll find it in our garden, there among the wild flowers
A little bit of Paradise of our own.
Found my treasure blooming, underneath a boulder
Though it was unlikely as the creek had long run dry
Perhaps it was by bird wing, it had found it's way there
Little yellow wonder, springing from the sand
We'll find it in our garden, there among the wild flowers
A little bit of Paradise of our own.
So darlin' when the hard times leave us a bit jagged
Let's go back to those waters to hear the Riversuite
There, we'll be reminded, rocks with rough edges
Carried by the river, are the stones that make the song
I'll find you in the garden, there among the hummingbirds
A little bit of paradise of my own.

2 comments:

Awe, go on! Throw me a bone here!