Saturday, January 31, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
1. Enough with the hot flashes !
2. Damn near everything causes me
to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving a new, more comfortable bed.
4. Big hair, TV evangelists make me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to visit my mom next week.
6. Our future has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to the beach house, tomorrow my plans include a long walk on the sand and Sunday, I want to enjoy having Monday off!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Here's a teaser I found on LibraryThing; wanna play?
Grab the book closest to you. Now*
Go to page 56.*
Find the 5th sentence and post it along with the name/author*
Don't go looking for your favorite book, or the coolest one you have - just grab the closest one.
"With her words cold upon my heart, I have come to believe it would serve some purpose - whether personal or historical I cannot say - if I were to set down in my own words the story of how I cam to be a Saint and marry five wives."
from The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
This photo was taken by Lilly White, one of several photographers whose work is a part of Wild Beauty: Photographs of the Columbia River Gorge, 1867-1957. It seems Lilly led a privileged life, including traveling with her pal, Sarah up and down the Columbia river, taking photographs as members of the Oregon Camera Club. I envy their freedom to make these excursions, but today, I expect they'd envy my digital camera.
Photography was quite an ordeal in 1904 when this picture was "made." Professionals were usually men who were insulted to find Lilly and Sarah tying their boat up along the banks of the "mighty river" which was later memorialized in Woody Guthrie's Roll On Columbia.
The Columbia River has been greatly altered by the dozen of dams built on our behalf (not to mention the lives that were altered - particularly Native Americans' who once fished for salmon at the many falls along its course). This National Scenic Byway still holds tremendous beauty and rich historical journeys.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
1. The world is ready for change.
2. Crap! was the last thing I said while balancing my checkbook.
3. I wonder if I'll find a different job this year.
4. I hope we have peace and tranquility at the end of all things.
5. There's something to be said for forgiving others.
6. July is where I want to be.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to trying a new recipe, tomorrow my plans include a an historical photo exhibit of the Columbia River Gorge and a dinner date over sushi and Sunday, I want to go to my writers' group!