Thursday, December 25, 2008

Booking in Winter


Thanks, Deb, for this trip down memory lane.
What are the most "wintry" books you can think of?
The ones that almost embody Winter?
While I know there are a zillion, wonderful children's books about winter, and winter holidays celebrated in many traditions, the few below are one's I've read and are among my favorites. What else would you add to my library?

A Child's Christmas in Wales by Dylan Thomas

Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

I Spy Christmas by Jean Marzollo

The Nativity by Julie Vivas

The Mitten by Jan Brett

Amazing Peace by Maya Angelou, illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Owl Moon by Jane Yolen

1 comment:

  1. A Christmas Carol and the Polar Express are indeed winter works of genius. I will have to look at the others in your list a little closer then.

    Thanks and Happy Winter days.

    ReplyDelete

Awe, go on! Throw me a bone here!